The medical efficacy of psoriasis clothing textiles is often ascribed merely to advertising effects. Tepso® psoriasis clothing is different as our products have already been the object of a randomised study
Patients with psoriasis pustulosa feel better with Tepso® psoriasis clothing, according to a medical study:
The medical efficacy of psoriasis clothing textiles is often ascribed merely to advertising effects. Tepso® psoriasis clothing is different as our products have already been the object of a randomised study. It was implemented on patients from the Dermatology Department at the Prato General Hospital, the Dermatology Department of the University of Tor Vergata in Rome, and the Dermatology Department of the San Raffaele in Milan, together with other Italian clinics. The study was to show whether socks with Tepso® would bring about an improvement in the disorder compared to wearing normal cotton socks.
How was the improvement to be measured?
Each of the study participants received 10 pairs of socks, of which one was made from normal cotton, and one from Tepso® fibre (polytetrafluorethylene). The following parameter was specified as the improvement marker:
- Percentile reduction of lesions after 4 weeks (primary);
- Physician’s assessment of lesion severity by a 6-point scale of the PGA;
- Assessment of pathological state by the patient;
- Effects on everyday life;
- Overall satisfaction as a tendency to one of the two socks.
In this manner, the intent was not only to determine whether the lesions could be relieved by less friction. The makers of the study also wanted to find out whether patient well-being would improve.
The results give reason for hope
The study showed some interesting results:
- The average lesion reduction rate is 42.6 % with the Tepso® fibre and only 2.7 % with cotton.
- Patients assess the average pathological state as 29.2 % better with Tepso®.
- The assessments of the effects on daily life were also stated with an average improvement of 12.5 %.
- The improvement in overall satisfaction was stated with a median parameter of 20% in favour of Tepso®.
Fundamentally, it can therefore be noted that the well-being of patients with psoriasis or atopic dermatitis / eczema can be significantly improved in part by using adapted textiles. Furthermore, a statistically significant difference in the effects on lesion size was found between cotton socks and Tepso® socks.
Overall, it can be noted that suitable psoriasis clothing from Tepso® can help you rebuild a sense of positive well-being despite psoriasis or atopic dermatitis, eczema. Use this option of Tepso® psoriasis clothing or Tepso® eczema clothing!